According to USCIS, H1B premium processing will resume on Monday, Jan. 28, for all fiscal year (FY) 2019 H-1B cap petitions, including those eligible for the advanced degree exemption (the “master’s cap”). Petitioners who have received requests for evidence (RFEs) for pending FY 2019 cap petitions should include their RFE response with any request for premium processing they may submit.
Premium Processing Resumes for FY 2019 Petitions – Summary
- H1B Premium Processing Resumed : Premium Processing is resumed on Jan 28th, 2019 for all H1B Visa 2019 Cap petitions that are pending from H1B Lottery from April 2018. H1B Premium processing is resumed for both Regular and Masters Quota Petitions.
- Premium Processing Still Suspended for Other Categories : The premium processing suspension is only open for H1B 2019 cap subject petitions. The categories for which Premium Processing is still suspended are listed below:
- H1B Visa Extensions with changes
- H1B Visa Transfer Petitions
- H1B Amendments with Changes